Thursday, January 11, 2007

Oh yeeeaaah!

The last few days have been pretty crazy busy for me. I suppose that will be the norm, so updates may not be as frequent as I would like. Sorry. But anywho...

Well, on Sunday I went to my first church service in the Chapel. It was really neat. Lowrey generally sits as a group near the front. The readers are always students. The organ is quite magnificent, and authentic...no pics of that...yet. Otherwise, it was like a normal church service (though I suspect the average age is tilted slightly lower than usual). I had a boatload of homework every night since then, tonight being no exception. The classes are good, and THIS saturday is actually when I'm doing the Eagle Count somewhere about 25 minutes from campus.

I also went to CSO's Tuesday testimony (in lieu of a Wednesday service) which is from 10-11 AM in the Chapel. That was really fun too. Students and teachers alike participate in it, and a fella in my house runs the service.

All this week, whenever I find time, I have been walking around my house with my basketball and a Sharpie marker...perhaps you see what is coming, in part. All new students in the house have to find an "artifact" of theirs that carries some personal significane and go around the house and have every single person in the house sign their "house name" on it. I will eventually be told what my house name is, though apparently not until next week. It will be something ridiculous, as everyone else's.

Today was my first day of working at Principia. 3 days a week I work in the Pub, plus every other weekend. I also work Saturdays in the dish room and Sundays as the Grill Call. In total, my schedule is only 6 hours per week...I guess it'll add up...eventually. Salary = $6.50/hour. I have bunches of reading and writing tonight, and there is a house meeting later tonight. Bye byeeeee

3 comments:

Eleanor said...

I already made some inane comments - which you may have received. Will add only this: you blog messages are CHARMING!!!!! Keep um' coming as you have time.
Love,
Gran

Marcus E said...

sounds really good spinach!

Anonymous said...

You're doing more in your first few weeks than I did in a year...you da foo!